Monday, September 18, 2006

Accessories installed !

I received the accessories last week and spent saturday morning installing them. The saddlebags and highway pegs were easy to install, but it took a while to get them exactly where I wanted. The windshield was a bit of a pain to get on, it involved removing the turn signals and headlight to reroute the wires behind the windshield mounting bracket. I think the accessories look pretty good. However, in terms of function, the windshield was a big disappointment. I noticed severe buffetting at all speeds, caused by wind rushing from under the shield. After doing some research on Volusiariders, it seems the solution is to get lowers ( deflectors mounted on the front forks ) to reduce buffetting.





7 Comments:

Blogger Giest said...

that's the unfortunate thing about windshields. once the front on wind is blocked it's next easiest route is underneath the shield. that can make for some bad wind hitting the underside of your helmet. she does look good with everything on!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you havent mentioned the babe you installed on your bike :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Vinod said...

PJ, the babe rides her own bike! :-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mustang said...

The accessories do look good on the bike mate, but then the wind dynamics dont allow you to go fast when you are on the highway..
but once you get used to it, its not a problem.

some of us tried it on the bullet, worked well for city riding, but then not for the highways..

cheers
D

1:45 PM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

Hi Vinod,

Wow, all the new additions look great. I'm glad the previous owner of my bike already added that stuff on. In fact, she bought a windshield that is tinted purple at the bottom, that I probably wouldn't have done due to cost. I like your saddlebags much more then mine. They are sharp looking.

My windshield is shorter, so I don't notice the buffeting as much. I couldn't have it much taller. I got caught in the snow one day (it had started of very sunny) and the snow totally blocked my windshield by the time I got home. If it had been taller, I'd been in trouble, as I wouldn't have been able to see the road.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Niccccee!!! Well, I have a tall windshield on my Harley and the short one on my Star. When I first got my Harley I couldn't stand it...I wanted to get it cut down.

Now, I won't ride without it. I can't stand all the wind in my face....

Like the saddlebags...looking for some new ones!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

Looks nice!! I love the bags too--very clean looking with everything on. I had to cut my windshield down and reshape it for my little self on my Deluxe. I swore I would only have it on for the winter here in So. Cal....Ha!-- I have never taken it off. It does help with the wind factor, really when its cold.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home