Monday, June 12, 2006

Getting ready for the Smokies/Honda Hoot trip

I had registered for the Honda Hoot in Knoxville a couple of months ago when I used to ride the VLX. Now I'll be showing up on my Suzuki! We'll be leaving this Saturday for Gatlinburg to ride some of the scenic routes (see map below) in and around the Smoky Mountains before attending the first two days of the Hoot (on the 20th and 21st).

I've been trying to get the bike as comfortable as possible for the many hours of riding. The Volusia 's passenger pegs are notorious for putting the passenger in a cramped and uncomfortable position, so I had to get a peg relocation kit. Angie and I tested them out on Saturday and they didn't seem to help much. We might try to swap the right and left mounting brackets to move the pegs forward a couple of inches. I put a luggage rack on the bike and also ordered a driver's backrest but haven't received it yet.


Scenic routes around Gatlinburg/The Smokies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Giest said...

how i would love to go to Honda Hoot. you better take lots of pics! ;)

safe journey.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

We would love to do the Honda Hoot some year. It's just so far from Colorado and my husband doesn't get much time for vacations. My husband has a 1993 Honda Nighthawk. Hopefully someday. It's a beautiful area. I look forward to your pictures.

Have fun and safe journeys,
Betty :)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ... where are the pics from the hoot? C'mon man - put 'em up!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home